Cauliflower, Leek & Potato Soup with Treehouse Cashew Milk
Cauliflower, Leek & Potato Soup
with Treehouse Cashew Milk
2 tbsp olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic
2 c. chopped leeks
½ tsp Beautiful Briny Sea Salt – Friends Forever; or any other sea salt
1 head cauliflower, chopped
7 c. vegetable or chicken broth
½ c. Treehouse Cashew Milk
3 small potatoes, cubed
¼ tsp turmeric
¼ tsp cumin
¼ tsp curry powder
parsley, cilantro and/or green onion for garnish
1. In a saucepan, sauté the garlic in olive oil. Then add leeks and ¼ teaspoon salt until soft.
2. Add the cauliflower and potatoes. Sauté for another minute.
3. Add the broth, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, until the cauliflower and potatoes are tender. Stir periodically.
4. Remove the saucepan from heat and allow the soup to cool slightly; add the cashew milk, cumin, curry, and turmeric.
5. Pour the soup into a blender in batches and blend until smooth and creamy.
6. Return the soup to the saucepan and warm it over low heat. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
7. Ladle into bowls, garnish, and enjoy.